Friday, August 17, 2012

Tranquility is Vermont

Vermont is officially on the top of my "Beautiful Places" list.

I am here working on a new musical called "Pregnancy Pact" about a group of troubled teenage friends that come together and makes a serious life-altering decision. I have been involved in this project for the last year performing in workshops and readings and concerts and my opinion that this musical really is one of the best up-and-coming shows still holds so true. The music is so incredibly moving, as is the story. And this will be the first time the show will be staged! It is a full production; sound, lights, sets, costumes. It's gonna be beautiful for sure. The cast is sublime, consisting of Dana Steingold, Caitlin Kinnunen, Katrina Rose Dideriksen, Lauren Marcus, Margo Seibert, and Jed Resnick. Directed by the incredible Joe Calarco and music directed by Rich Silverstein.  If you get a chance, be sure to check out our show at Weston Playhouse from August 30 - September 8. Here is the press release with all of the information...PLAYBILL 

Check out these videos of a few songs from the show that we performed at "Behind the Music-al" moderated by Adam Guettel!



This time around I am playing the role of Sansanee, the bitchy popular girl who has a serious change of heart when she realizes there is something missing for her. I am already having a blast working here at Weston. I cannot even begin to explain how beautiful it is here. We are literally surrounded by trees and meadows and creeks. We live all together in this gorgeous seven bedroom house and rehearse in a converted barn that opens up to a forest! Across the street from us in the Vermont Country Store where we go everyday to buy candy and sample cheese and fudge (my favorite part). We are truly in the middle of nowhere with no cell service and no grocery store for miles and miles. It feels very secluded and so peaceful. It's actually nice to have a break from the world. At first, having no cell service for four weeks kind of freaked me out, but I am really using this time to reflect and relax! I am reading more, working out for longer, and writing in my journal a lot!! It is amazing the things you can get done without your cell phone. I urge you all to try it, just turn it off for a few hours or leave it at home and take a long walk. I do this sometimes in the city when I feel overwhelmed by life. I think it is super therapeutic. 

krystina :)

1 comment:

Boston New Years Eve 2012 said...

Great Sometimes i see very nice and easy created blogs but in the most ways they are very usefull like your blog