Friday, February 12, 2010

Wisdom Teeth CHECK!

It happened. My teeth are out and I am actually feeling great! I cannot believe how painless the procedure was. I got them out last Tuesday, and now it has been a week and I am almost feeling back to normal! I won't lie, I was super scared. I got into that dentists room, and I was freaking out a bit. They hooked me up to the heart monitor, and I was creeped out kind of. My mom sat with me while they were putting me to sleep, and I did okay until they stuck the IV in me. Then it was Krystina panic mode time. My mom said my blood pressure shot up so high when that happened and I started crying a bit, and then I was like, "ok when am I gonna fall asleep, when am I gonna fall..." and I was out. It was the strangest feeling because it didn't even feel like I fell asleep, and I didn't have any dreams and I didn't even really wake up very tired. I just felt like I blacked out or something and then came back to life. Being put to sleep is probably the weirdest thing in the world. Anyway, I woke up with a very numb mouth and actually no pain, a little groggy from the meds, but I got to the car fine, and actually was pretty coherent all the way home. When I got home I immediately lay down and turned on the Food Network (duh) and I fell asleep for maybe like 30 minutes and then I was up and awake. I took my pain pills but I just ended up staying awake watching TV which I was not expecting. Most people say that the anastesia really knocks them out for hours after, but I didn't feel like sleeping at all. And like 5 hours later, I was up walking and talking and alright. I mean, yeah in pain, but not dying. I thought it was gonna be so much worst. I was supposed to miss all of Charlotte, but I felt so good that first day, I called my stage manager and got to meet back up with everyone Friday in Charlotte! I was so excited because I kind of felt wonky about missing an entire city and not ever knowing what it was like. (And I loved Charlotte by the way, such a cool little city with an amazing store called Revolution that I fell in love with).

Anyway, I spent the next few days eating lots of pudding and jello and mashed potatoes. I'll be honest, the worst part and pain about it that I felt was this weird ulcer cold sore thing in the back of my throat. I didn't know that was a common side effect after getting your wisdom teeth out, but a few people said they experienced the same thing. I guess it is from keeping your mouth open for so long in the surgery, but lemme tell you, it was the absolute worst thing ever!! It was so painful, like I couldnt' breath without it hurting because of the cold air. I couldn't even drink water for a few days without some serious pain in there. Of all things, I was afraid my teeth would hurt the most, but it was my throat that got all jacked up. After that went away and I got to Charlotte, things were on the up swing. The show was tough, especially Saturday actually, but when Sunday came, I was feeling a lot better and now I feel almost back to normal! I am barely taking any more medicine, and I was actually able to chew on the side of my mouth today (still with softer foods of course) All in all, the experience, was much less scary than I thought it would be and I recovered so quick. And I am serious, I think it is in big part to you guys! All of your stories really gave me a good positive ora and you guys truly helped me through it! Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences! You are all just the best!

krystina :)

6 comments:

Brigid said...

Congrats on your speedy recover, Krystina! And I can't tell you how glad I am to read this story, because I am probably going to get mine out this summer, and I'm totally freaking out, and feeling a little bit ridiculous for it, so it's nice to know that someone else was equally freaked out and ended up fine.

Anonymous said...

I had a really similar experience with my recovery (and remember thinking the exact same thing right before falling asleep). I had expected it to be so much worse. It really wasn't too bad at all.

Glad it wasn't too bad.

オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

Rachel said...

I saw the show on Saturday and couldn't tell you were having a tough time at all. Glad you made it to Charlotte!

Anonymous said...

the only thing i noticed at the saturday matinee was you massaging your cheeks during intermission, but during the show, you seemed perfectly fine! :)

Meg said...

Krystina, I just got my bottom wisdom teeth out on Tuesday, so I'm with you! I freaked out too, but they didn't even let my mom stay in the room with me O_O It still hurts a little, but what hurts worse is the incision they made in the roof of my mouth for my teeth implants. Feel better!