Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Vacation!

So far this vacation has been so wonderful! I spent the first week in Charleston seeing the sights, and it was such an amazingly beautiful city. (above is a picture of the sunset...umm gorgeous!) My favorite part of that trip was getting to see all the places one of my favorite movies, "The Notebook" was filmed, especially when we spent the day at Cyprus Gardens (the part where they are in the boat with all the birds, video up soon!) and got to actually take out our own boat! It was so magical cause it was like the movie! I also got to walk around downtown where they lay in the street, the restaurant Noah see's Ally with her fiance, and the movie theatre they go on their first date! Anyway, enough rambling about The Notebook (though I could all day). I loved loved Charleston so much. The city was so quaint and elegant and so old-fashioned almost that it made me feel like I was in a movie. We spent a lot of time downtown which was fun because I had liked walking around the market which was basically this long stretch of street with a bunch of vendors selling things they make. I bought this adorable butterfly ring. So other than that, we walked along the Cooper River Bridge (i think that's what it's called) and saw a great view of the city and had a beach day like none other. You Californians can attest to this ; I have never really been to the Atlantic Ocean until then and I was shocked in such a good way because the water was luke-warm. It was amazing! I'm used to the year-round freezing cold California Pacific water that you always have to take a while to get used to and are still always chilly. But for the first time, I got to swim in the water, like all the way in, diving in waves. It was the best because the beach is one of my favorite places so I was a happy camper! My last day there, we ran into Claire who is now going to the College of Charleston. We got to hang out with her and her sister and visit her bf at the Citadel where he goes to school and she showed us her dorm! (Totally Trucked video soon!) All in all my trip to Charleston was such a fun one! And I would love to go back again!

After Charleston, I flew home to Arizona where I was welcomed by 115 degree weather with no breeze. I had a great time being home. It was nice to just relax and kick back for a second cause we have been going going going for so long. I took some voice lessons, and talked to my old high school, my siblings high school, and my old youth theatre VYT about the business and it was great. My time home was nice, my parents threw me a belated b-day party and my whole family came over. It was awesome to see everyone because I missed them all so bad. Family is very important to me, and one of the hardest parts about touring is being away from them, so seeing everyone was perfect. I also got to sit in on my sisters rehearsals. Right now she is playing Lucy in "You're A Good Man Charlie Brown" and she was seriously fierce. I'm so proud of her!! I also got to go Swing Dance which I have missed incredibly since I've been out on the road. For those of you who don't know, I LOVE swing dancing and have been for about 7 years. So going out and dancing was the best!! Here is a pic of me and my younger brother and sister (They are tall right??)

We have about four weeks left of this vacation, and now I am enjoying the remainder of that in NY auditioning, taking class and seeing shows. I am very happy here, but can't wait for the show to start up again! I miss it!

krystina :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Krystina. It sounds like you've had a great vacation so far. Isn't Charleston the best? My boyfriend lives there and I love it down there so much. I hope the rest of your vacation is a good one. :)

-Kristen

Alyce said...

Glad to hear you're having a good vacation! I hope your auditions go well in New York, and the like.
I liked the picture of you with your siblings, it's very reminiscent of me and my family. My sister is almost thirty, yet me and my brother (respectively 11 and 9 years younger) are about a foot taller than her :) She saw Spring Awakening with me in DC, and I'm sure knowing that not just our family has that fun little quirk will make her feel better (she always stands on tiptoes in pictures with us).

Have a great vacation! Savor every moment!
- Alyce

Julia said...

HUZZAH for swing dancing :) I lindy hop, so it's all dandy.

All the best for the rest of your vacation!

- Julia

Rozzie said...

I live in Cali too, and I would LOVE to go to a beach with lukewarm water. Jealous. Glad you had a good time, and I hopefully I'll see you in Spring Awakening in San Jose! Soooo excited.

Kaedtiann said...

Swing dancing? Awesome! I just watched this movie, Swing Kids, about German kids who swing danced as a kind of retaliation to WWII, and it just looks so energetic and cool. I would love to see some video of you dancing sometime!

Glad to hear you're having a good time and getting to see your family! I can't wait for SA to start again, either, although mostly for TotallyTrucked. I don't know that I'll actually get to see you guys. :(

Happy vacation!