Monday, September 14, 2009

NY Week One!

This past week in NY has been such a ball. I love this city so much, and living here for these 4 weeks just makes me even more anxious and excited to live here permanently after the tour! So me and Gabby settled in our apartment and are enjoying the company of the cat that lives here, Herman. I have never had a cat (minus when I was super little) only a dog, but I thought this would be a good test to whether or not I am a cat person. It is official now. I am, and forever will be a dog person. Herman is cute and all, but I don't know, cats kind of creep me out. It may be due to my past with cats. When I was 8, these cats used to fight and freak out at three in the morning outside my window and I was so terrified at the noises they were making that I would wake up and could not move from my bed to get my dad so I would sit there, crying until finally the sounds woke up my parents. They would hiss and cry and flip out for hours, and in a big, dark, room, all by myself, it was pretty much the most frightening thing in the world haha. I don't know...I just feel like they are always plotting an attack, like to hunt or kill me or something. Their eyes say it all. But I mean, Herman is pretty chill, super cute, and very cuddly, and he definitely relieved himself on the floor the other day which was not very fun...haha but me and Gabs are really comfy in our apartment just enjoying the city, and loving all the visitors we get! We have been reunited with Sarah, Lucas, Anthony, and Kimiko so far! We all went out the other night, and caught up. I miss everyone! This week we should be expecting Matt and Kayla! Yay for SA being in NY!

I saw two shows last week, "Mary Poppins" and "Burn The Floor" and they were both so much fun! But can I just say, "Burn The Floor" was the most amazing thing ever. For those who don't know about it, it is a limited engagement at the Longacre Theatre and it is a "ballroom dance on fire" show. The dancers were fierce, and it really got me and Anthony wanting to get up and shake our things! I liked Mary Poppins, but what made me just go "umm what?!!" were all of the effects. How the heck did she pull all that stuff out of her bag?? Kudos Disney, even at age 20 you are still wowing me with the magic that you create on and off stage.

I have also had a blast getting my body back into dancer shape. I've basically been taking dance classes almost everyday, trying to kind of catch up and get back into the mode. It is kind of a slap of reality, because I took off a year of dance for this show, and my body is yelling at me now. I am so sore that I don't think I can take class for a few day! But you dancers can attest, being sore feels great!


One last thing, while I was home, my amazingly talented sister, Julianna Alabado took new headshots and fun pictures for me. And here is a quickpreview. There arelots of fun ones that Ill start posting periodically, but here are a few. She has taken basically all of pictures I use of my blog, facebook, and website (with the exception of my professional headshots in the black shirt) Shoutout for her! If you are in or around Arizona and are looking for a photographer for headshots, senior pictures, etc, contact my sister! I will post her contact information in a few weeks once we get her facebook page up and running!
krystina :)

2 comments:

Irene from Guam said...

i love your pictures! they're really nice.

Cristina said...

Whoa, Burn the Floor looks intense! And I remember thinking the exact same thing when I saw Mary Poppins. That's some CRAZY special effects.