Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Birthday Adventures!

My birthday is now officially over, and let me say that it was one of my best birthday's ever thanks to my beautiful family out here on the road! I had such a fun and amazing time with everything I got to do for my birthday! So it all started out on Thursday night after the show which was August 6 the eve of my birthday. Me, Matt, Taylor, Chase, and Andy went out for an after-show snack with a couple cast members from Jersey Boys which was super fun. As we were walking home, Matt and Taylor kept whispering really secretive-like and wouldn't tell me what they were talking about. So when we got back to the hotel, they told me that we needed to stop at Ben Fankhauser's room really quick. I was like, okay whatever. So we went to his room and Kayla, Christy, Chase, and Ben were there and they surprised me with a little cake and a candle, and sang happy birthday to me at midnight!! It was so sweet! My birthday was already spectacular and it had just started! 

So the next morning, my birthday started with a massage and facial at this spa called Exhale which was so relaxing!(if you haven't been there, I highly recommend it). Massages are like my favorite thing in the world so I was super happy! Then we walked through Lincoln Park through the gardens with lilly pads!! And ended up at this awesome breakfast place in Chicags called Orange. It was the most unique breakfast I've ever eaten! I orded a pankake flight which consisted of Fruity Pebble Pancakes, Raspberry Dark-Chocolate Panckes, Orange Zest Pancakes and Cinnamon Bun Pancakes. And oh...my...gosh. They were the best things ever in the world. We also ordered this special thing they make called Frushi. It was a sushi roll but full of fruit! So we headed back and I spent some of the day walking around Chicago since everyone had rehearsal. After rehearsal I had my birthday dinner at this amazing steakhouse right on the river. I ordered my favorite food in the world, Mac and Cheese and it was so yummy! Then we had the show
which was fun because even though this is my second birthday on tour, it is my first birthday where I actually performed Spring cause last year we were still in tech! It was an experience that will be with me forever, that I got to perform in Spring Awakening on my birthday! Pretty cool. So after the show, some people took me to an after-the-show celebration at this fancy hotel restaurant called the Peninsula. And just my luck, this awesome jazz cover band was playing! It was amazing because that is my favorite kind of music. So we ate, and I got the sweetest birthday dance ever in the whole world which I will never forget. And then, since we were the last one's at the restaurant, out waiter gave us all the desserts on their dessert buffet table for free! And they were like gourmet yummy desserts! Ah it was incredible! (oh and we saw the Killers at the hotel because they were performing at Lollapalooza!).

So Saturday passes and then Sunday comes! To think my birthday was over! haha. I woke up and went to the Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues which I got tickets for one of my birthday presents. I love gospel music and this show was the coolest thing I have ever seen. They were so good and the brunch was delicious. We had planned my big birthday party for Sunday night after the show so everyone could come since lots of people try to go to bed early during the week because of the shows. So after the show, we bought a bunch of junk food and just had a really chill birthday party with everyone. That is what I love the most. Just spending time with all of my Spring family. It was nice because everyone was able to relax and just have a good time since we knew we didn't have shows the next day. 

My birthday was so special! And I got some awesome presents too! This is what my amazing friends on tour got me! Tickets to Gospel Brunch, Urban Outfitters gift-card, a CD with all the hits from 1989, a massage and facial along with some great facial products, music note pajamas, mole-skin notebooks, a music note visor, sippy water bottle, princess ring cupcakes, and the book Chicago Blues. I will never forget this birthday! Not to mention all the birthday wishes I got from all of you! Thank you so much for making my birthday even better! 

krystina :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so awesome krystina!!!! sounds like an awesome birthday...you are so lucky you get to do what you love everyday with some great people! :)

I wished you one already on facebook BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!!!! :) HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR MUCH-DESERVED BREAK! :)

Cristina said...

Mmm...those pancakes sound pretty good right about now. :) Sounds like you're really livin the life! Glad to hear you had a great birthday!!

Anna-Lena. said...

omg thats sooooo cute..<33
It seems you had a great birthday :)

xoxo ♥
Anna-Lena :)