Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring is here!

Spring is one of my favorite times of the year, and I have seriously felt it over the past couple of days in Providence, and definitely here in Boston. Today, I broke out my bright yellow sweater, and my big bug sunglasses and explored the city with flowers in bloom, green green grass and the weather being perfect. It's funny, sometimes I get so wrapped up (as we all do) in the crazy things in life, that I forget to stop and just appreciate everything around me. Like today, for instance, we walked by this gorgeous big park, with lots of trees and grass and it just, for some reason, made me feel like I could breath. It made me so happy. People were walking their dogs, sun tanning, reading, playing frisbee. One of my absolute favorite things to do on a sunny warm day is to (aside from going to the beach) have a picnic in the park! It is like the perfect date, perfect get together with friends, perfect family outing, and perfect way to relax. It's funny, because in Arizona, where I'm from, picnicking doesn't happen very often because we are so busy in pools trying to make sure we don't sweat off all the water in our bodies. But, one of my BEST memories from this tour would definitely be when we were in New York and went to Central Park. We got out early of a run-through rehearsal, so a bunch of us decided to go to central park and have a picnic and just relax. We were there for hours, eating, laying around, telling stories, and feeding the birds (bad idea lol). It was just such a nice way to take the rest of the day off, and it is a memory that will stick with me forever, because it was just so beautiful, sitting in this incredible park with these ginormous trees hanging over you...love it.

I got my first taste of spring though a couple of weeks ago when me and Chase got to fly out to Dallas for a press event. We had such a blast and got to see a lot of cool things while we were there. The weather was gorgeous, and everything was in bloom. We had a great dinner at this Mexican restaurant (which was almost good as my Nana's homecooked Mexican food), and then spent the next day running around from performance to radio interview, to tv interview, to newspaper interview all day! And then we hoped on a plane back to Toronto. It was a great experience and we had a fun time and got a nice taste of spring. We met this lady who should totally be on the Food Network Cake Challenges, which by the way, is my favorite thing to watch on TV lol. She made this amazing cake of suitcases that looked REAL and had little stickers of all of the shows going to to that theatre, including ours! Here is the video we shot of our time in Dallas! Yay for Spring time!!

 

Krystina :)

7 comments:

AJ said...

I love that pic of you guys in the park :)

heytheremeranda said...

The picture of all of you in the park is cute :)

And I agree sometimes its nice to stop and enjoy the simple things in life like flowers and what not. I adore spring time so much, its finally coming to Ohio after many months of snow, Haha.

And yesss, picnics are the best. :D

Anonymous said...

I see your blog broke out its spring fashion as well. :-)

Rozzie said...

it took me a while to figure out what you guys were doing in that picture but i get it now. lol

Lara said...

I love the Food Network cake challenges too!! Do you also watch Ace of Cakes?? You guys should try and see Charms City bakery when you stop in Baltimore!

And love the picture btw. I think there should be a SA role reversal day.

Rozzie said...

Ya you guys should have Charm City Cakes make a cake for opening or closing night in Baltimore!

Enid said...

Hey Krystina, I just want to say that I really really love the way you sing 'spring', so beautiful.