Friday, February 20, 2009

My Martha Experience



So I have has such a fun time these past three performances playing the role of Martha. Ok so day 1...I got to the theatre really early and started warming up, singing through stuff with Kristen our assistant music director, and getting my mic put in my hair while I braided it. I put on my cute green dress (the first time I ever put it on in it's life! Besides costume fittings in NY) and my brown tights and purple shoes. I tied on my green ribbons to my braids. Then I hear the 5 minute call and am singing through Mama Who Bore Me Reprise with the girls and I suddenly remember that I didn't put my bruise on! So now it is me in speed mode. I broke out my never used makeup wheel and powder and made my bruise with the help of Steffi. Then everything went so fast. They called places and I ran downstairs and grabbed my mic and the the green cue light came on which meant 20 seconds...I didn't even have time to think. All of a sudden I was walking onto the stage as Martha Bessel! Mama Reprise was such an incredible feeling. It was so exciting and intense and I was so freaking excited that I was doing it. Gosh and it was over before I knew it! And only with a few minor mishaps! All in all, the three shows went really well I think for being my first time ever. It is something I will never forget in my life. And if it couldn't get better, the Fox is my favotire theatre, and if I had to pick one to perform in on this tour, it would be the Fox, so I feel pretty lucky. Thanks to everyone who made it out for me, and for all of the well wishes left on here and my facebook. I will never forget this week in St. Louis!


Martha and Ilse all in green for Dark!

krystina :)

7 comments:

KateM said...

that's awesome! i'm glad you enjoyed it. :]

arqueete said...

From the moment I saw Eryn Murman wearing that style dress when SA performed on Good Morning America it's been my favorite of all the costumes in the show and you look great in it.

Bee said...

I'm so proud of you Krystina. You have been so amazing and it was def your time to get out there and shine! I hope I get to see you on when i try and go in NY. But I did love sitting by you in Tampa.
<3

rach the h said...

Just wanted to say that you did an amazing, amazing job as Martha! I saw 2 out of your 3 shows, and you were wonderful both times. (And I laughed when I read about you almost forgetting to put your bruise on -- I had wondered why it lighter than usual!)

JK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you finally got to go on and that you had fun onstage. Hopefully I'll see you over on the east coast sometime soon! May I ask what stage seat you usually are in when you're rocking a chair?

Betsey said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the experience! You were fantastic as a chorus member when I saw you in STL, so I'm sure you were even better as Martha! Congrats!

P.S. It was SO great to meet you! (I was the one who told you I loved your pants--the high waisted skinny ones!) I hope you're having a wonderful time on tour!