Sunday, November 30, 2008

An SA Turkey Day!

This was my first Thanksgiving away from home...and I could not be happier with the way I got to spend it! I will admit that for the first time since San Diego, I was truly homesick on Thanksgiving. I think it was because I am very "tradition" based girl. I am used to doing the same thing on holidays and that has always been the way I am. So being somewhere new, and not the same as the past 18 Thanksgivings I have had was very strange to me. The morning was rough, but as the day progressed, I realized that I was with my second family, and they really took care of me and made me feel right at home. We ate dinner at this beautiful fancy restaurant in West Hollywood called La Boheme. It was gorgeously decorated and the entire cast, band, and some of crew was there. We enjoyed a great 3 course meal all together. My table was Me, Matt, Julie D, Kimiko, Chase, Freddy, and Alon and we had a blast. Everyone was all spiffy and dressed up and the evening just felt so special. I will say, I did still miss my family, but I was with my 2nd family so I ended up having a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of food, family, and thankfulness. Before we ate we went around the table and said what we were thankful for...totes my idea lol


So as we approach our last and final week here in LA, I cannot help but look back on our
stay here...it has gone by so quickly I can't even explain it to you Some highlights would definitely be opening night, The Price is Right (ahh so much fun), Halloween, doing Wendla in understudy rehearsal, meeting JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE (he came to the show and came backstage after with Jessica Biel and they said they loved it!) and becoming friends with the High School Musical cast. They came to see our show and enjoyed it and we all clicked really well! It has been fun hanging out with them these past few weeks. It is so weird being out on the road, because sometimes I forget that I am in a place that I really don't know a lot about. I adjust so quickly now to new cities that sometimes it takes me a second to realize that I am in LA and there is so much I haven't even seen yet. The city is huggggeee. So much different than NY. Everything is so spread out and it is a tough job getting around. I have spent so much money on cabs! Every time I meet with an agent or go to an audition, it costs me 50 bucks there and back! ahh...so I guess leaving LA is a bitter-sweet kind of thing. I will say that I enjoyed San Fran a little more. We are also in a not amazing area because there really is nothing around. No restaurants, no shopping...nothing. But it's all good cause we have 1 week left!


I will leave you with one last picture to ponder on! Here is me and Perry doing Melchior and Wendla in rehearsal! We had so much fun!


krystina :)

3 comments:

Ari R. said...

Krystina, I really enjoyed reading your blog. It is so interesting. About LA... it is a strange city... it is really large and spread out. I feel bad that you are staying in a not so exciting area. I hope you have had some fun, though!
Just wanted to say you are part of something really incredible. You have created some lifetime memories for me and many other people... Thank you so much and enjoy the rest of your tour!

Carolyn said...

Hey Krystina
love your blog. we miss you in sf, you guys should just come back for a week ;) haha so jealous of all the cool people you've gotten to meet! and that your part of the ensemble! ugh i really wanna see you guys again!!! Have Fun with the rest of the tour and don't spend to much money on cabs!

Much Love,
Carolyn

Singing Ariel Anne said...

krystina you are awesome i hope to meet the cast someday! i really wish you guys were coming to rochester ny but your not! =[ i so wish i could see you guys in toronto, but its pretty fair and yea, but i love you guys so much when ever i see you guy on youtube ii like cry b.c i am like super jealous! lol and yea
okay well i love you and the rest of SA!!

<3
singing ariel...